Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First Fruits

I have just picked my first Jalapeno peppers.  They have a beautiful shape and beautiful green color.  This is my first attempt at growing peppers and the process was super easy.  I am now busy searching for great recipes to feature the newest  fruits from the garden.  No pictures yet, but I have been harvesting basil and flat-leaf parsley for a few weeks.  They have been featured in many of our summer supper dishes.  I especially "loved me some" fresh Bruschetta with basil.  Even our picky eater sampled this wonderful dish.  Now....I am patiently waiting to pick our first tomatoes.   I already know that I will make some Texas Hot (a recipe from my sweet mother in law), fresh salsa (using my hot Jalapenos) and I want to try some Tomato Marmalade....I will let you know how it turns out.  "Chow" for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment