Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wears Valley on Father's Day June 2011


Wears Valley

I was most blessed today because I got to spend Fathers Day with my family in my favorite place The Great Smoky Mountains.  This picture was taken in Wears Valley.  It is a cove or valley area outside of Townsend and Pigeon Forge.  This is just a "ridonkulously" beautiful place that has become one of our favorite places in the mountains.  Granny's Kitchen is a little restaurant that serves Cat Head biscuits.  The name comes from biscuits that are home made and really large....yes...I have tried one ( alright a couple maybe even a few) and they were delicious.  Another favorite place in Wears Valley is a little produce stand that serves incredible barbecue, funnel cakes and an assortment of other things.  I must also mention Wears Valley United Methodist Church.  It is a wonderful little church that just celebrated their 125th anniversary.  Someday, we will visit for services.  In the meantime, I guess we will just stop and enjoy the cat head biscuits and a little hot chow chow from the produce stand.  You might even find me checking out the fried pies...oh my goodness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment